CSA Belt Plate (Atlanta Arsenal)
Our enlisted man's Confederate States of America Belt Plate (Atlanta Style) is patterned after an original found in Cold Harbor, VA circa 1861-1865. For use with standard belts such as our LEATH-012. Approximate Length: 2-3/4", Height: 1-3/4"
This belt plate would have been produced by the Atlanta Arsenal for Georgian troops and the Army of Tennessee between 1862 and 1864.Established in March 1862 after Nashville fell to Union troops, the supplies, facilities and personnel (including the Commander, Colonel Moses H. Wright)
were removed to Atlanta and a new arsenal established. The new arsenal
was a large facility that eventually had thirteen buildings and employed
some five thousand workers. The Atlanta Arsenal was closed when Union General William T. Sherman advanced on Atlanta in August 1864.
Original 'non-excavated' Atlanta Arsenal Belt Plate